In case you missed it, the Project for Excellence in Journalism released its State of the news media report for 2011. This is the eighth year PEJ has done such a report. The headlines this year are: Nearly half of Americans get their news on a mobile device and online news has moved ahead of print as a source of news for most Americans (TV news is still number 1). There are plenty of other interesting points in the report, including who owns which media and a report on the financial health of the news media. One thing I found particularly interesting is that radio listening may be affected by Toyota’s deal to put Pandora in its new cars (other auto makers may follow). You should at least read the report’s overview.
Comms 239This is the course site for Communications 239, Principles of Journalism, required of all students before applying to the journalism program at Brigham Young University.
- White House purge: ‘I’m going to fire everybody,’ says Scaramucci washingtonpost.com/news/post-poli… https://t.co/jDFcNYpfgL 6 hours ago
- RT @atDavidHoffman: McCain is a coward. Just voted to take health care from 22 million. Same health care he is using to battle cancer. @Sen… 6 hours ago
- RT @shannonrwatts: 4) THEY PUT MILLIONS OF AMERICANS' LIVES IN JEOPARDY. AMERICANS WILL DIE because rich white guys want a tax break. 7 hours ago
- RT @CivilRightsCntr: Emmett Till sign rededicated on what would have been his 76th birthday clarionledger.com/story/news/loc… 7 hours ago
- RT @MotherJones: Trump Gave a Horrifying, Politicized Speech at the Boy Scouts Jamboree. Read Why This Matters. mojo.ly/2tGRmhM htt… 7 hours ago
- RT @dick_nixon: Trump's daughter offered Mrs. McCain an ambassadorship. I'm sure it's unrelated. 7 hours ago
- RT @thehill: Ex-CIA chief: Trump’s Boy Scout speech felt like "third world authoritarian's youth rally" hill.cm/8N1Sumz https://t.c… 7 hours ago
- RT @JamesFallows: There it goes. McCain makes his choice. The wrong one. Flies back from the hospital, to vote yes on a “bill” that does… 7 hours ago